About the Startup:
Did you know that inaccurate farming decisions are causing crop yield losses of up to 85% in Africa? AirSmat wants to change this in a sustainable way, enabling farmers to have better yields because they’re making better decisions faster based on analytics. By inputting quality data from drone, satellite, soil-level data and IoT sensors. We are transforming the way farmers collect, manage, and interpret farm data, which gives them better yields.
1. Soji Sanyaolu - Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer - Provides leadership as the CEO; He is responsible for AirSmat vision, execution and GO-TO market strategy.
2. Adeoluwa Ibikunle - Co-founder & Chief Technology Officer - Currently, working on AirSmat App development. He leads the team on AirSmat technology.
3. Evidence Osikhena - Co-founder & Chief Solution Architect - Currently working on all the API and backend infrastructure of AirSmat App development.
4. Olasunkanmi Alabi – Chief Commercial Officer & Senior Vice President, Sales – Currently lead the sales and commercial team; He is responsible for driving adoption of our AgTech solution in the marketplace.
5. Uche Olukoju – Chief Product Officer & Vice President, Product Development - She is responsible for product development of our AgTech solution in the marketplace
6. Oladapo Obilade – Vice President, Business Operation - He leads the business operations team.
Problem and Opportunity:
African farmers have poor crop yields because 85% of farmers use guess work. In Nigeria, tomato yields is 5.47 tonne/ha relative to the world average yield of 38.1 tonne/ha due to inaccurate farm data, which is less than 15% of the world’s average.
What makes our startup unique?
Quality farm data and AI backed recommendation.
Our go-to-market plan:
Through farming communities and cooperatives.
Both physically and digitally.
Traction & Milestones:
- Access to 12 million rice and wheat growers in Nigeria
- Recently launched Partnership with Sterling bank in Nigeria to help farmers with evaluation and monitoring
- We have Paying customers in Nigeria and are ready to scale.